12.8.10

Angels Charge Over Thee


I recently was inspired to create a condition oil formula that embodied the feeling and power of psalm 91, my favourite psalm of protection.

Angels Charge Over Thee oil: 
Calamus root
Frankincense resin
Myrrh resin
Angelica root chips
Peppermint EO
Eucalyptus EO
Ginger EO
Rosemary EO
A Secret ingredient
Psalm 91 printed tiny and rolled around a sprig of rosemary, placed inside the bottle.
Olive oil base

First, I take the roots and resins and macerate them till fine in the olive oil base. I then place this mixture in a jar and I leave it for a week or more, shaking it all up daily with prayer. The oil is ready when it turns a yummy golden colour from the myrrh resin - then it is poured through a muslin cloth and squeezed to get the oil out of the pulp. It smells spicy and golden - with the sweet myrrh odour subtle but unmistakable.

To this oil added then are the essential oils balancing them very carefully and only putting one or two drops or ginger or it will overwhelm everything. Next I print psalm 91 in tiny letters and roll this around a sprig of rosemary whilst reciting psalm itself with energy and conviction.

Psalm 91
 1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
 2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
 3Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
 4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
 5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
 6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
 7A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
 8Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
 9Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
 10There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
 11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
 12They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
 13Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
 14Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
 15He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
 16With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.


I place this then in the bottle with the oil. I also put some of the roots and resins in the bottle, because, well, I think it looks pretty :)

Next, I hold the bottle in my hands and pray the psalm over and over (I like the number 7 for this) until my hands begin heating up as the Spirit passes into the bottle - awakening the power of the roots and oils. I then place the bottle on top of my bible, on my altar and come to it daily in the morning to pray over it.

The rosemary is significant here because not only is it a protective herb in its own right, but biblical scholars argue that the plant that is referred to as 'hyssop' in the bible might in fact actually be rosemary. As you might notice the starting point for this blend is the biblical high altar oil of the old testament, to which then ingredients are added that bring forth angelic, cleansing and protective qualities.  Additionally it employs the use of rolled up scriptures and the dissolution of prayers in fluid as sometimes is found in Christian, Jewish and even ancient Egyptian magic.



6 comments:

  1. ooooooo me likey!

    I have always enjoyed Psalm 91.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome!

    I have to say, though, maybe next time you should just describe it, and then post a link to your Conjure shop? ;-) Not that I'm complaining about you sharing this wonderful formulae, which I will create this evening, Frater. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome condition oil, Balthazar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all!

    @ Frater A.I.T - I am what you might call an open-source conjurer! ...although I did leave out The Secret Ingredient :)
    @Gordon - not on sale yet, but I think it will be once I stream-line my production process a bit and I can ensure consistency. It requires a fair amount of myrrh/frankincense and doesn't yield a high quantity of oil, so I would need to figure out the cost of these things to price it profitably... which involves actual math - not my strong suit, sadly :-/

    ReplyDelete