1.4.10

Goetic Pharmakos


Now we are talking! I have been so wrapped up in my own writing project I failed to notice this new Hadean pamphlet by Jamie Alexzander and Jake Stratton-Kent. Exciting hoodoo/verum stuff!


From Hadean Press: The purpose of this booklet then is to detail approaches to goetic spell-work, facilitating the further reintegration of New World and Grimoire approaches.

I have not had a chance to order it yet, but there is no doubt in my mind this will be excellent. Will report back with a mini-review as soon as I get my grubby hands on it...

2 comments:

  1. This could be VERY interesting. There's a huge strain of Grimoire influence and practice in Haitian magic: I've seen flags to "Le Roi Lecife" (Lucifer the King) and have seen vévés that were obviously influenced by Solomonic figures.

    I will have to drop Jamie a line about this on Facebook: I'm very excited about this project. I think that treating Goetic entities like djabs chaud (hot, excitable, powerful spirits) could be a very fruitful and useful way of working with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too Kenaz. It certainly excites me! Those grimoiric influences in New World magics really are a vital link between these traditions, which I think can tremendously fruitful way of informing further magical developments.

    ReplyDelete